If you thought that lighting was a troublesome thing to install that requires the assistance of a trained electrician then you are sorely mistaken my friend. In fact one of the easiest and most stylish ways to add character to a room is with self-adhesive LED lighting strips.
These strips use a tape and substrate, onto which the LEDs are placed at regular intervals and all you have to do is stick the strips to whichever area you feel would best do with some additional lighting. The great thing is that these LED strips are inexpensive, easy to install and make a simple but stylish addition to any room in your house.
The potential for what you do with LED light strips is near endless and you can even install them outside as well as indoors, throw in the fact that they are available in a variety of colours and different levels of brightness and you are guaranteed to find some that can perfectly suit your needs. Below we have listed some of the most common uses for these light strips in a home:
– Lighting strips are commonly placed either above or below kitchen cabinets. It is the perfect way to help not only create more of a welcoming atmosphere but it also allows you to prepare food with a greater level of direct light that isn’t affected by where you stand.
– The strips are also equally as useful in the bathroom and can add a real air of sophistication and spa-like vibes.
– If you want to add a modern look to your flooring then you might consider adding the strips to you kick-panels or skirting. This is also a method that you can use in the kitchen instead of above or under the cabinets.
– For a cheap way of lighting your garden you can use LED strips to highlight a path or certain borders such as flowerbeds.
– They can also be added underneath bookshelves to help illuminate their contents or around the frame of a piece of art to help draw more attention to it.
There are plenty more ways you can introduce the strips into your home but it is also important to take some factors into consideration before doing so. Here are some of the main questions you should ask yourself before you decide what sort of strip lights you should buy:
– Will the strip lights be used to create an ambient look or are they required for more practical tasks? This should help dictate the power of the lights and even their colour.
– The light strips need to be installed on a secure, clean and dry surface to maximise their ability to stay put and also for safety.
– Always check each individual LED light strip manufacturer to see whether the strips can be used in wet or humid conditions, such as outdoors or near a hob or kettle.
– Finally, where and how you can conceal the additional power wires of the strips is an important factor to take into consideration.