One of the reasons why people paint their home interior is to give it a new look. A fresh coat of paint can give new life to a dull or drab space.
To get an excellent result, make sure that you plan your interior painting well. Do not opt for shortcuts because you will just end up disappointed.
Here are some tips that you can follow:
• If you want to have the best result, always choose a reliable brand of paint. The paint must be the one that is most used by most interior designers and contractors. This way, you never have to worry about the results. Of course, choosing high quality paint means that you will have the best outcome in your interior painting; you still need to follow the proper way of applying it.
• Once you have decided on the brand of paint you are going to use, now you may need to choose on color choice. You probably have an idea of what colors that you like so it would be best to choose the color that would suit your home furnishings. You can do test painting. Try to check what fits your personality and style. It is possible to get several pints of paint testers to paint parts on a wall to see how you are going to like it.
• After you make a decision on a paint color and have bought your paint, it is time to prep the area before you began painting. Initially, you need to move all your furnishings in the middle from the room, away from the walls and cover it with paper or plastic drop cloths. Remove outlet covers and doorknobs, and patch all holes on the walls.
• Clean all areas that need to be painted. Clean walls and woodwork to get rid of dust and grease from all of the areas to ensure that the paint will stick to the wall well. Any grease which is not cleaned up will end up destroying your interior painting. On the other hand, dirt and dust that is not cleaned up well will bind itself to your freshly painted surface.
• In starting your interior painting, you should cut in all corners prior to using rollers to paint the larger parts of your walls. Load up the roller by dipping it into the tray and rolling it up the tray’s ramp till the roller is full. Continue to roll paint to cover all the parts of the wall.
If you are looking for help with your next painting project, take a look at The Urban Painter.Read More